Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Merry Christmas and Decorating






Merry Christmas To All!












This is my first try at the whole blogging thing so bear with me!! I decided to start this blog to tell everyone about all of my renovations, furniture re-do's and crafts! I thought it would be fun to start with Christmas! I love to decorate with lime green for Christmas!! I have decorated in lime green and red in my kitchen and living room. In my other rooms I've tried to decorate with similar colors of the rooms. This year I also tried to find natural things to decorate with such as cranberries, pine cones and sticks. I like to think that my taste are eclectic because I'm inspired by a lot of things I see! I love things that sparkle especially at Christmas time.
The above picture is obviously my tree and I have red and lime ornaments with a few personal ornaments. I went all sparkly for my tree because it really shines.









This is my entry way. The blue jug which is my favorite I found at the Flea Market. I put cranberries in the bottle and used branches from my yard as well. I sprayed the branches with a little fake snow and some glitter. The candlesticks with the green puff was a napkin craft I stole from someones blog. The wreath with the H was just a recreation of something I saw in a Ballard Design's catalog. In Ballard Designs they had the monogram covered with Christmas tree branches. I wasn't quite sure how to pull that one off so I decided to improvise. The wreath was a $2.00 Hobby Lobby purchase and the monogram was a $5.00 Hobby Lobby purchase. The H was actually gold and I decided to spray it white. The ribbon on the wreath is the same ribbon I have on my tree! I also used pine cones from my yard in the brown tray and spray them with snow and glitter as well. As you can tell I love to decorate with Christmas Balls!!







This is a couple of shots from my table I used the same snow pine cones and Christmas Balls along with tree branches. The Christmas ball arrangement was just something I kept playing with until I found something I liked. My table is my second favorite thing to decorate I love layering different things on it!















For my plates I found lime green chargers at target and then placed my clear glass plates on top. I really wanted to some cute desert/accent plates for the top but I just couldn't find any that I really liked. So, I decided to make my own. I will explain more in another post on Christmas crafts how I made them. I also painted my wine glasses too! I bought the white plates from the dollar tree. It was a fun project.













My lime green sparkly branches!


Merry Christmas Everyone!!






1 comment:

  1. Really beautiful decorations! And good luck with the new blog...it's such a blessing. If you need any help, let me know. :) Thanks so much for linking to the Christmas Challenge SFS! -shaunna :)

    ReplyDelete