I've been super busy and really behind on my blogging. I've done alot of projects lately but just haven't had the time to write about them. We are putting our house on the market and have been working our fannies off to get it looking great! This project I just finished really makes me ready for spring I even decorated it for spring. The hutch has very special meaning to me. It was my great grandmothers (grandama farmer). It was left in her house that was later purchased by family on my mom's side. Then the hutch ended up at my papa Self's house. My mom and aunt frankie thought I would like to have it to fix it up. I decided I wanted to try using two colors of paint for it. I knew I wanted to use white and decided to use a spring green as the accent color. Here are a couple of before pictures
The hutch has a two seperate pieces. First I used a spray primer on the top piece of the hutch. I used a brush and painted the bottom half with the kilz primer. After it dried I sanded it lightly with a fine grit sand paper.
I lined the drawers with scrapbook paper used mod podge to seal it. I picked a yellow polka dot scrap book paper. I found these cute knobs on sale at Hobby Lobby for $1.00
I painted the base of the hutch white and I painted the drawers and the back of the hutch green. I'm really happy with it. I got to decorate with all my cute easter dishes and few other things that I havne't been able to use. I hope everyone has been enjoying this nice weather, the last few weekends! I'm ready for it to stay warm!
No comments:
Post a Comment