Friday, January 7, 2011

My new Obsession-Ceramic Stools



Aren't these lovely! Below are a few pictures from magazines, blogs, etc. of homes that have decorated with ceramic stools. My new obsession!































The only draw back to purchasing one has been the $150.00 and up price tag on them. I looked high and low and haven't found one in a price range I would like to spend.

Until I ran across this one at the Flea Market for $30.00









Although I'm not fond of the purple flowers and deep down really wanted a off-white one I decided to give it a little spray paint. I'm not completely sure on the rules for spray painting ceramic so I just decided to dive in and give her a light sanding and start spray painting away. I sprayed it Valspar satin spray paint the color is Chruchhill Hotel Vanilla. Then I finished it off with a little clear sealer for a little protection. I decided to see how well the spray paint was going to stay on by scratching the piece with a sharp item. It didn't scratch it so I think it's going to be fine.

Here are my after pictures below.





My dog China decided to grace the picture! She likes my new blue chair!

1 comment: